"One of the 21 Most Innovative Chambers in the World." - Commerce International
Vision, Mission, Core Values
What is Your Chamber? ...
Board of Directors
Message from the Chair
We are the leading business organization for Ontario’s West Coast. We are recognized as a strategic business partner in the community by offering valuable services and resources that meet the diverse needs of our community.
To be the voice of business dedicated to the promotion of economic development and prosperity for the enrichment of the community.
1. We are a business driven organization that values a strong socially responsible business climate.
2. We value a pro-active business approach to matters of importance to our community.
3. The Chamber values community leadership in all sectors striving to exemplify the best in business.
4. We value our role as advocates for business to constructively influence public policy and government.
What is Your Chamber?
Your Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit voluntary organization of business and professional people working together to foster and promote a healthy business climate and to improve the quality of life in your community.
As your Chamber works to accomplish these goals, it wears many hats; economic developer and planner, information centre, business spokesperson, counselor and educator, government relations partner, and public relations practitioner.
Who are Your Chamber Members?
Chamber of Commerce members are businesses, organizations and individuals concerned with the socio-economic climate of your community. We have joined together because we know we have a better chance of getting things done when we speak as one voice.
Who leads Your Chamber?
Your Chamber is run by its members. They elect a Board of Directors that determines policies and sets goals. The Chair of the Board presides over all meetings of the Board.
The day-to-day operations are handled by the Chief Executive Officer, a paid employee.
Chamber members become involved in Chamber activities by working on committees.
What are Your Chamber’s Objectives?
As we work to improve the community’s economy and quality of life, we remember our broad objectives:
- To serve as a catalyst for economic development;
- To provide a forum for networking and an exchange of ideas;
- To promote development of our community;
- To provide effective communication between our members and our community;
- To provide leadership for our members in addressing issues of concern;
- To advocate on behalf of our members on policy issues.